Stanley Ettinger's Tap The Admiral, wide while reaching contention on the final turn, kicked home powerfully to run down favored Package Store and win Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Neil Howard hopes that he will be able to dub Saturday as "Brothers Day" as he sends the regally bred Rock Slide out in search of his first graded stakes victory in the $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) winner Honor In War and Gainsborough Farm's multiple stakes winner Touch of the Blues head a strong list of 64 older horses nominated to the $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs on July 5.
Farish, Elkins & Webber's Rock Slide edged favored Miesque's Approval in a head bobbing finish by a nose in Sunday's $160,650 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile at Arlington Park before a Father's Day crowd of 26,101.
Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, runner-up in the Maker's Mark Mile at Keeneland in April, will be the staring high weight at 118 pounds when he faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Sea o'Erin Breeders' Cup Mile on turf Sunday at Arlington Park.
Sharp Performance, rising to the stakes ranks after winning an allowance and maiden race in consecutive starts, scored a one-length victory Sunday in the $150,000 Lexington Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park.
Proud Man earned his fourth grade III stakes win of the year Saturday, inching to the lead late in the stretch to win the $114,600 Hill Prince Stakes by a neck at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Officials: Penalty System Key Part of Program
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland