Del Mar Thoroughbred Club announced Aug. 24 a 5% purse increase effective immediately, and retroactive to the start of the 2005 season which commenced July 20.
Third in the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). A thrilling win over 2003 Horse of the Year Mineshaft in that year's Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I). Ten wins--six in graded stakes--and earnings of more than $3 million. On the board in 22 of 30 trips to the post. Strong credentials, to be sure.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner