Del Mar Thoroughbred Club announced Aug. 24 a 5% purse increase effective immediately, and retroactive to the start of the 2005 season which commenced July 20.
Third in the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). A thrilling win over 2003 Horse of the Year Mineshaft in that year's Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I). Ten wins--six in graded stakes--and earnings of more than $3 million. On the board in 22 of 30 trips to the post. Strong credentials, to be sure.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- First Winner for Empire Way