A group of bettors angered at the divisive state of advance deposit wagering has taken action by staging what it termed a "buycott" at a New Mexico racetrack, and also launched a protest Web site against a content provider.
A group of bettors frustrated with the fractured structure of advance deposit wagering are planning protests against racing entities they believe are responsible for the industry sector's ills.
Account wagering, one of the more pressing issues facing the pari-mutuel industry, will be front and center Aug. 19 during The Jockey Club Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David