A group of bettors angered at the divisive state of advance deposit wagering has taken action by staging what it termed a "buycott" at a New Mexico racetrack, and also launched a protest Web site against a content provider.
A group of bettors frustrated with the fractured structure of advance deposit wagering are planning protests against racing entities they believe are responsible for the industry sector's ills.
Account wagering, one of the more pressing issues facing the pari-mutuel industry, will be front and center Aug. 19 during The Jockey Club Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat