Organizations that represent Thoroughbred horsemen in Pennsylvania have voiced opposition to racetrack gaming legislation because the return to purses and breed development is insufficient in their view.
The Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association is opposed to a racetrack gaming bill that would award 15% of gross revenue to purses and 1% to breed development. Meanwhile, an official at Philadelphia Park said he can't understand the horsemen's position.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Laurie's Rocket to Stand at McDowell Farm
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler
- Pour Moi Colt Tops Yearling Action at Arqana
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Keeneland-Based Horses are BC Bound