Organizations that represent Thoroughbred horsemen in Pennsylvania have voiced opposition to racetrack gaming legislation because the return to purses and breed development is insufficient in their view.
The Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association is opposed to a racetrack gaming bill that would award 15% of gross revenue to purses and 1% to breed development. Meanwhile, an official at Philadelphia Park said he can't understand the horsemen's position.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory
- Zia Park Reports 14% Increase in 2013 Handle
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November