After a week on the sidelines due to an injured left foot and a "misunderstanding" about calling in to the stewards to report his ailment, Patrick Valenzuela worked horses Sunday morning and has been named on horses this Wednesday.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela met informally with Santa Anita stewards Pete Pedersen, Tom Ward and Ingrid Fermin Wednesday morning, nearly three weeks after the 41-year-old rider was suspended Jan. 23 for failing to fulfill the provisions of his conditional license.
Santa Anita stewards have suspended Jockey Patrick Valenzuela's conditional jockey license for an indefinite period of time and his case has been referred to the California Horse Racing Board for further investigation.
Former jockey and current TVG horseracing expert Corey Black has accepted the position as agent for jockey Patrick Valenzuela effective immediately. Valenzuela and his former agent, Nick Cosato, parted ways earlier this week after Valenzuela expressed concerns over Cosato also representing Corey Nakatani.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays