Godolphin's Music Note repelled a bid from Indian Blessing at the top of the stretch and sloshed home for a 5 1/4-length upset victory in the $300,000 Ballerina (gr. I) Aug. 29 at Saratoga.
Favored Game Face, ridden by a confident Edgar Prado, drew off from pacesetter Keep the Peace in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths Aug. 9 at showery Saratoga.
Game Face, a romping winner of the Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) last out and five-time graded stakes winner, will carry top weight of 122 pounds as the even-money morning-line favorite in the $150,000 Honorable Miss (gr. II) Aug. 9 at Saratoga.
Lethal Heat, unbeaten in three starts for trainer Barry Abrams, faces nine other 3-year-old fillies in the $100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track May 11.
Undefeated Lethal Heat won her third straight race in the space of a month and became a grade III winner when she burned past the pacesetters mid-stretch en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in the $108,500 Santa Paula Stakes on the Santa Anita synthetic track March 30.
Barry Abrams' and Madeline Auerbach's Lethal Heat is making her first start in graded stakes company, will be running off the turf for the first time, and is coming back in 10 days from a 1 3/4-length allowance win. But Abrams fully expects the 3-year-old daughter of Unusual Heat to handle those factors in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 30.
Undefeated Indian Blessing, dominant winner of the Grey Goose Vodka Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) in October, kicks off her 3-year-old campaign for trainer Bob Baffert in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit