Gulfstream Park announced a record $11.25 million stakes program for its 2014-2015 Championship Meet, highlighted by the 64th running of the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) March 28.
Gulfstream Park in early July plans to run most if not all of the seven Summit of Speed sprint stakes that been scheduled for July 5 at neighboring Calder Casino & Race Course.
Gulfstream Park's spring/summer meet, which starts April 11, will feature a robust 2-year-old program highlighted by the $1.4 million Florida Sire Stakes series.
Calder Casino & Race Course will reduce its number of stalls for 2-year-olds to about 150 this year, compared with about 500 in 2013 and other recent years.
A day after two horses broke down in the same race on the turf at Saratoga Race Course the issue dominated a scheduled New York Racing Association Equine Safety Committee.
A $250,000 bonus will be awarded to the connections of a horse that sweeps this year's Big Apple Triple, a series of races for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Belmont Park, Finger Lakes Racetrack, and Saratoga Race Course.
NYRA released the stakes schedule for Aqueduct 2012 winter/spring meet, with the $1 million Resorts World Casino New York City Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 7 the centerpiece.
The New York Racing Association has announced that total purses for the 2012 winter/spring meet at Aqueduct are expected to increase by approximately $8.6 million, or 36%, over this year's meet.
- By Vic Zast
High quality horse racing is returning to Saratoga. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff