Tim Ritchey and Jeremy Rose, who hope to win the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) with Afleet Alex, won a stakes on the undercard Saturday, taking the $50,000 Murmur Farm Starter Handicap with Testy Guy.
A crowd of 7,802 at Pimlico watched jockey Ryan Fogelsonger tie a career high with five victories Saturday. In addition to taking both stakes races, the $150,000 Federico Tesio and the $125,000 Baltimore Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), the 21-year old scored on three straight mounts in the middle of the 10-race card.
Adam Russo's P Day, arguably the most popular horse currently racing in Maryland, romped to victory over six rivals in the $125,000 Baltimore Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III).
Adam Russo's 8-year-old campaigner P Day faces six other older warriors in the $125,000 Baltimore Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile at Pimlico.
Dennis Drazin's Tempest Fugit stole an easy lead, dictated his own pace and then had enough to out-finish his closest pursuer, Quiet Gratitude, to win the $100,000 John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel Park.
Eleven older males who have combined to win 81 races and over $3 million have entered Sunday's $100,000 John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel Park.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger turned in one of the best rides of his young career, waiting to find somewhere to go and striking at the perfect time to win the $75,000 Native Dancer Stakes aboard local favorite P Day Saturday at Laurel Park.
Born on Preakness Day in 1995, P Day has an unusual bond with the Maryland racing community.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher