Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Donald Adam's Sweet Talker highlights a field of seven fillies and mares in Saturday's $200,000 Ballston Spa Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/16 miles over the Mellon Turf Course at Saratoga Race Course.
Noble Stella, a 5-year-old daughter of Monsun, chases a repeat victory in the $300,000 Dance Smartly Stakes Can-II) Saturday at Woodbine.
With a thrilling late run through the final furlong, heavy favorite Gorella ran down pacesetter Pommes Frites to win the $300,000 Just A Game Handicap (gr. IIT) over Belmont Park's yielding turf course.
Gorella, beaten less than two lengths by English Channel and Cacique five weeks ago in Churchill's Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT), will be the one to beat Saturday in the $300,000 Just a Game Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park Widener Turf course.
Ozone Bere made her United States debut a winning one when she shot through at the fence to win the $100,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares by a head Saturday on the Pimlico Race Course turf.
Hall of Fame trainers Bill Mott and Bobby Frankel will saddle the two top contenders in the Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Pimlico turf course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work