The Japan Racing Association has suspended jockey Luis Contreras for the use of the painkiller oxycodone, according to a Feb. 11 report from Sports Hochi.
Four of five Standardbred trainers under investigation for illegally administering oxycodone to racehorses were exonerated when split samples showed no traces of the painkiller in urine taken from original samples that tested positive.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps