Horse racing newcomer Larry Best struck again, going to $1 million to acquire a Medaglia d'Oro filly during the waning minutes of the Fasig-Tipton July selected yearling sale, highlighting a strong auction that kicked off the yearling sale season.
Zayat Stables hit it out of the park at the second session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March sale of 2-year-olds in training, fueling a vibrant market that resulted in increases in gross and average for the two-day auction.
Lawrence Best's purchase of two seven-figure juveniles from Cary Frommer at the Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream sale of 2-year-olds in training propelled them to the top of the lists of leading owners and consignors, respectively.
Consignor Cary Frommer enjoyed a big evening at the March 1 Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream sale of 2-year-olds in training, with two horses from her consignment bringing seven figures to the same buyer.
Lawrence Best of OXO Equine struck again late in Fasig-Tipton's Gulfstream sale of 2-year-olds in training, going to $1.1 million for a More Than Ready colt.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner