Fifteen first-time Thoroughbred owners will be offered the opportunity to invest in some of the 2-year-olds in the stable of Bob and Beverly Lewis under a new owner-recruitment initiative called Premier Thoroughbred Ventures.
The Greatest Game, the industry-based program charged with attracting and retaining Thoroughbred owners, will host a series of receptions in Maryland, Florida, and Georgia from March 17-25.
The Greatest Game owner-recruitment program has plans to continue in 2004, but it could have a somewhat different look as the process of developing Thoroughbred owners continues to evolve.
Officials with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association and Keeneland were to hit the road to Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 30 to attempt to cultivate Thoroughbred owners.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount