Fifteen first-time Thoroughbred owners will be offered the opportunity to invest in some of the 2-year-olds in the stable of Bob and Beverly Lewis under a new owner-recruitment initiative called Premier Thoroughbred Ventures.
The Greatest Game, the industry-based program charged with attracting and retaining Thoroughbred owners, will host a series of receptions in Maryland, Florida, and Georgia from March 17-25.
The Greatest Game owner-recruitment program has plans to continue in 2004, but it could have a somewhat different look as the process of developing Thoroughbred owners continues to evolve.
Officials with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association and Keeneland were to hit the road to Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 30 to attempt to cultivate Thoroughbred owners.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful