A state oversight panel is recommending the New York Racing Association boost takeout, defer dues to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, and get a cash advance from its casino partner in order to cope with NYRA's worsening fiscal picture.
The New York Racing Association, which hopes to get the state's attention on its current fiscal plight, did itself no favors by the way it hired a bankruptcy law firm to represent it in the event of insolvency if the reaction of the head of a new oversight panel is any indication.
A state oversight panel said the New York Racing Association may have some fiscal tools in its arsenal to avoid insolvency in November.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- Close Hatches Bids for Perfection at Saratoga