Because of an increase in pari-mutuel revenue from Kentucky Derby (gr. I) week business, Churchill Downs June 1 said it will increase overnight purses by 4% for the remainder of its spring meet, which ends July 2.
In a press release dated Sept. 19, the New York Racing Association declares that Saratoga Race Course paid out its highest daily average purses and average overnight purses during the 2002 meeting that ran 36 days, from July 24th-Sept. 2.
Tampa Bay Downs announced that a 5% across the board increase in overnight purses will go into effect Monday, April 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother