Because of an increase in pari-mutuel revenue from Kentucky Derby (gr. I) week business, Churchill Downs June 1 said it will increase overnight purses by 4% for the remainder of its spring meet, which ends July 2.
In a press release dated Sept. 19, the New York Racing Association declares that Saratoga Race Course paid out its highest daily average purses and average overnight purses during the 2002 meeting that ran 36 days, from July 24th-Sept. 2.
Tampa Bay Downs announced that a 5% across the board increase in overnight purses will go into effect Monday, April 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death