It's been a decade since D. Wayne Lukas had his last Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and it is no secret that the 74-year-old is itching for another one. The Hall of Fame trainer may have his best chance at collecting his elusive fifth Derby crown with 2-year-old star Dublin, who leads a field of six in the $400,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 10 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?