Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
Proclamation, a group-winning miler from the Mr. Prospector sire line, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Overbury Stud in Gloucestershire County in England.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Vitali Seeks to Get Florida License Restored