Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
Proclamation, a group-winning miler from the Mr. Prospector sire line, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Overbury Stud in Gloucestershire County in England.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate