Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
Proclamation, a group-winning miler from the Mr. Prospector sire line, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Overbury Stud in Gloucestershire County in England.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing