Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
Proclamation, a group-winning miler from the Mr. Prospector sire line, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Overbury Stud in Gloucestershire County in England.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Khozan Injured, Off Kentucky Derby Trail
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- At Santa Anita, Prat Delivers at a Price
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Ike Walker Rules South Mississippi at FG
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing