Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
Proclamation, a group-winning miler from the Mr. Prospector sire line, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Overbury Stud in Gloucestershire County in England.
Bertolini, England's leading freshman sire by progeny earnings, will relocate to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation, Kildangan Stud, in County Kildare, Ireland, in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York