Turfway Park, which cut six racing dates and all but one stakes race, reported a slight increase in average daily on-track wagering and a decline in other handle categories during the 16-day fall meet that ended Oct. 3.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts returns to racing on Tuesday at Turfway Park almost 11 months to the day after an accident on the track left him with a compound fracture of the right forearm and five fractured vertebrae.
Jockey Perry Ouzts was injured after an accident in the second race at Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky Jan. 29 and is expected to be on the sidelines for two months.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts won his 4,500th race Sunday at muddy Turfway Park after riding Private Ambition to a 1 3/4-length victory in the third race, a $5,000 claiming event.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park