Setting a record for purse earnings in a season, Ken and Sarah Ramsey outpaced the competition for an Eclipse Award just like their horses outpaced their opponents on the racetrack throughout 2013.
Godolphin, the private Thoroughbred racing stable of the Maktoum family, earned its second Eclipse Award as top owner in the past four years while winning seven grade I races and six other graded races in the United Stakes.
Although Jazil's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victory and Invasor's Horse of the Year campaign in 2006 resulted in a banner year for Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Stable, 2007 had more than its share of triumphs as well. Three of the stable's stars posted grade I victories, and Shadwell Stable earned the Eclipse Award for outstanding owner.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop