Setting a record for purse earnings in a season, Ken and Sarah Ramsey outpaced the competition for an Eclipse Award just like their horses outpaced their opponents on the racetrack throughout 2013.
Godolphin, the private Thoroughbred racing stable of the Maktoum family, earned its second Eclipse Award as top owner in the past four years while winning seven grade I races and six other graded races in the United Stakes.
Although Jazil's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victory and Invasor's Horse of the Year campaign in 2006 resulted in a banner year for Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Stable, 2007 had more than its share of triumphs as well. Three of the stable's stars posted grade I victories, and Shadwell Stable earned the Eclipse Award for outstanding owner.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly