Setting a record for purse earnings in a season, Ken and Sarah Ramsey outpaced the competition for an Eclipse Award just like their horses outpaced their opponents on the racetrack throughout 2013.
Godolphin, the private Thoroughbred racing stable of the Maktoum family, earned its second Eclipse Award as top owner in the past four years while winning seven grade I races and six other graded races in the United Stakes.
Although Jazil's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victory and Invasor's Horse of the Year campaign in 2006 resulted in a banner year for Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Stable, 2007 had more than its share of triumphs as well. Three of the stable's stars posted grade I victories, and Shadwell Stable earned the Eclipse Award for outstanding owner.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- TCA Title Sponsor of Thoroughbred Makeover
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- Inside the July 11, 2015 Issue
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship