Setting a record for purse earnings in a season, Ken and Sarah Ramsey outpaced the competition for an Eclipse Award just like their horses outpaced their opponents on the racetrack throughout 2013.
Godolphin, the private Thoroughbred racing stable of the Maktoum family, earned its second Eclipse Award as top owner in the past four years while winning seven grade I races and six other graded races in the United Stakes.
Although Jazil's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victory and Invasor's Horse of the Year campaign in 2006 resulted in a banner year for Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Stable, 2007 had more than its share of triumphs as well. Three of the stable's stars posted grade I victories, and Shadwell Stable earned the Eclipse Award for outstanding owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings