Setting a record for purse earnings in a season, Ken and Sarah Ramsey outpaced the competition for an Eclipse Award just like their horses outpaced their opponents on the racetrack throughout 2013.
Godolphin, the private Thoroughbred racing stable of the Maktoum family, earned its second Eclipse Award as top owner in the past four years while winning seven grade I races and six other graded races in the United Stakes.
Although Jazil's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victory and Invasor's Horse of the Year campaign in 2006 resulted in a banner year for Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Stable, 2007 had more than its share of triumphs as well. Three of the stable's stars posted grade I victories, and Shadwell Stable earned the Eclipse Award for outstanding owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection