Equine herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1) is a highly contagious disease that can cause epidemic abortion in mares and respiratory and/or neurologic disease. The neurologic form is often fatal. Our experts answer your EHV-1 questions.
Appalling livestock losses in England caused by the foot-and-mouth (FMD) outbreaks are unlikely to affect the general movement of shuttle stallions from Britain. The situation could change, however, if the measures taken by English authorities fail to control the disease over the next six to eight weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Management Changes at Fair Grounds
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby