Reigning Illinois Horse of the Year Summer Mis and top 2003 3-year-old runner Wiggins will both compete on Illinois Champions Day at Hawthorne on Saturday.
Cat Genius held off a late charge from Mountain General to win the $125,000 Pelleteri Breeders' Cup Handicap by a half-length Sunday at Fair Grounds.
An open field of seven sprinters is set to square off in the $125,000 Pelleteri Breeders' Cup Handicap Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Out of My Way, dismissed at odds of 28-1, outfought Cat Genius to win the $75,000 Taylor's Special Handicap Sunday by a nose at Fair Grounds.
Saturday's Phil Georgeff Illinois Festival of Racing brought out some great performances from horses that figured. Five of the six winners were favorites.
The Phil Georgeff Illinois Festival of Racing returns to Hawthorne Saturday with six $100,000 stakes events scheduled to help determine the Illinois champions for 2003. Julie's Prize, Wiggins, Summer Mis and Out of My Way are among the leading runners competing.
Out of My Way came from just off the pace to capture Saturday's $100,000 Arlington Sprint by three lengths.
Barry & Sondra Buchholz' Cashel Castle makes his fist start aft a 16-month absence in Saturday's $100,000 Arlington Sprint. The Arlington Sprint is a six-furlong dash for 3-year-olds & upward and attracted a field of seven.
For the second time in three years, trainer Gene Cilio was the standout of the Prairie State Festival, saddling two winners in the six-race extravaganza for Illinois-registered horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash