The affable Aboughazale recently put down roots in the Bluegrass, purchasing the former Belvedere Farm near Paris, Ky.
The second session of the Keeneland horses of all ages sale Jan. 10 had more vibrancy than did the opener, but at the end of the day the results were the same, with significant declines in all key categories.
A paucity of well-bred mares or racing prospects and no dispersal to drive buyer interest led to broad declines during the opening session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington Jan. 9.
Protonico, a four-time graded stakes-winning son of Giant's Causeway, has been retired and will stand the 2017 breeding season at Taylor Made Stallions in Kentucky for a fee of $6,500.
Lunar Eclipse, a daughter of Malibu Moon, was purchased by Steven Young for $500,000 during the May 23 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Noble Moon and Protonico hold a class edge over their five rivals in the Nov. 1 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack. The 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-olds is worth $200,000.
Topped by a $370,000 Super Saver ridgling, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's October yearling sale rang up increases across the board, but the buyback rate also climbed.
Wild Spirit, a Horse of the Year in Chile and a U.S. grade I winner, has been retired from racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win