Though he's on a 12-race losing streak, Awesome Gem is the 5-2 favorite in the $150,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields on Memorial Day.
Mr Napper Tandy, a 5-year-old with a fondness for running second, finally had his moment in the winner's circle when he scored by a head in the $300,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT) with a perfectly timed ride from jockey Julio Garcia April 25 at Golden Gate Fields.
Grade I winner Siren Lure brings a three-race winning streak into the $300,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIT), where he'll be looking to go over the $1 million mark in career earnings April 25 at Golden Gate Fields.
Hobeau Farm's Delightful Kiss has already earned a berth into the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon next month at Santa Anita. Now, the 4-year-old gelding will make his final prep for that race when he faces six rivals in the $200,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) the richest race of Golden Gate Fields' fall meet.
Stakes veteran McCann's Mojave, a grade III winner on Golden Gate Fields' Tapeta Footings surface last November for trainer Steve Specht, tries to do it again in the $150,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III) on Memorial Day, May 26, at the Albany track.
Heavily favored Bold Chieftain, ridden by Russell Baze, took command with a furlong to go and edged away from pacesetting Our Partner for a driving two-length victory in the $124,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap at the San Mateo track April 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego