A chance meeting with a forgotten champion leads Jeanne Mirabito to create a haven for pensioners.
- By Esther Marr
This Saturday morning, Oct. 15, the retired multiple graded stakes-winning mare Lotka, an Our Mims resident, will be featured at Keeneland's 'Breakfast with the Works.' read blog
Elmhurst, winner of the 1997 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has arrived at Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky.
Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Elmhurst is scheduled to be returned to Kentucky to reside at Jeanne Mirabito's Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris.
Alabama Nana, a New York graded stakes winner, died April 29 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Exactly So, a graded stakes winner and group I producer, died at the Our Mims Retirement Haven July 26.
Hope of Glory, a 32-year-old stakes winner from the first crop of Mr. Leader, was euthanized Oct. 13 at Jeanne Mirabito's Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky., after suffering a stroke.
Grade I winner Sugar and Spice, a half-sister to grade I winner Alydar and champion Our Mims, died Sept. 13 at the Our Mims Retirement Haven near Paris, Ky.,
An eBay auction of racing memorabilia will begin Feb. 21 to raise money for a headstone marker for the grave of Our Mims, the 1977 Eclipse Award winner for 3-year-old fillies.
Champion filly Our Mims was euthanized at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky. on Dec. 9. The 1977 champion, who was 29 years old, died after suffering a bout of colic and was buried at Calumet Farm near Lexington, Ky.
John Veitch and Calumet Farm have once again parted company. The trainer confirmed Feb. 7 that he has sent 14 newly-turned three-year-olds back to the farm from his New York base.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Captain Serious on Toes for Fall Highweight
- Elite Belle, Magnifisio Win in Australia
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike