Charles A. Castille Jr.'s Costa Rising won his sixth consecutive race when he captured the $100,000 Louisiana Breeders' Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday by two lengths to highlight Louisiana Champions Day at Louisiana Downs.
Ambition Unbridled took the Dr. A.B. Leggio Memorial Handicap field gate to wire to post a 21-1 upset in the $100,000 dash for fillies and mares over the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Team Block's Dyna Da Wyna headlines a solid field of 13, including five stakes/group winners, in Saturday's $100,000 Dr. A. B. Leggio Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds. The turf dash for older fillies and mares will be run as the first of four $100,000 stakes on the day's card.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady