Charles A. Castille Jr.'s Costa Rising won his sixth consecutive race when he captured the $100,000 Louisiana Breeders' Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday by two lengths to highlight Louisiana Champions Day at Louisiana Downs.
Ambition Unbridled took the Dr. A.B. Leggio Memorial Handicap field gate to wire to post a 21-1 upset in the $100,000 dash for fillies and mares over the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Team Block's Dyna Da Wyna headlines a solid field of 13, including five stakes/group winners, in Saturday's $100,000 Dr. A. B. Leggio Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds. The turf dash for older fillies and mares will be run as the first of four $100,000 stakes on the day's card.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees