Fancy Pan and daughters have been giving New Jersey-based breeder Bo Smith and Kentucky consignor Joe Dodgen winners and sale stars over several generations.
Multiple graded stakes winner Wild Gams has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old filly for 2006. Bred and owned by New Farm, the daughter of Forest Wildcat is trained by Ben Perkins, Jr.
Meadow Breeze, the surprise winner of the Matron Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 23, looks to win her second consecutive grade I race at Belmont Park when she runs in the $400,000 Frizette Stakes Oct. 14.
Gunsmith Stables' Our Fantene gained command around the far turn and held off an inside bid by odds-on favorite Eternal Grace to win Sunday's $115,000 Sorority Stakes at Monmouth Park by a head.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned