Revenue to localities in the six off-track betting regions in New York is down more than 50% from 2000 to 2004, according to the results of a study commissioned by Friends of New York Racing, the organization that seeks to build a better economic model for the pari-mutuel industry in the Empire state. Two OTB corporations, Capital and New York City, have issued responses to the report, which they believe doesn't tell the whole story.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September