Michael Blowen, founder and president of Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Facility, announced that grade I winner Early Pioneer will reside at the Georgetown, Ky., farm.
A year after the death of racehorse John Henry, fans now have a lasting monument and a dedicated place to remember their champion. A bronze statue by artist Shelley Hunter has taken its place at John's gravesite, just outside the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions paddock that John called home for 22 of his 32 years.
- By Tom Precious
Three former New York Racing Association tellers who offered to launder money to undercover police posing as cocaine dealers pleaded guilty to multiple counts of attempted laundering and conspiracy that could land them lengthy prison sentences.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby