Unable to overcome a poor break as the favorite in December's Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II), Fiftyshadesofhay is out to turn the tables on the runaway winner of that race, Broken Sword, in the La Canada Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 19.
Wishing Gate, second in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. I) this summer, heads a well-matched field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. IIIT) at one mile on turf Oct. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Magdalena Racing's Pure Fun returned from a five-month layoff in style with an off-the-pace victory in the $202,300 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
Graded stakes winners Fiftyshadesofhay, Seaneen Girl, and Pure Fun head the field of mostly new faces at Indiana Downs for the $200,000 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) Oct. 5.
In only its second year, the Barretts paddock sale at Del Mar grew in nearly every category July 21, with Oscar Party topping the sale at $510,000.
Odds-on choice Kitten's Dumplings took the overland route to victory for a confident Joel Rosario, winning the Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) going away on Stephen Foster Handicap night June 15 at Churchill Downs.
Kitten's Dumplings, eye-catching winner of the Edgewood Stakes in her first start over the Churchill Downs turf, returns to the Louisville track as the likely favorite in the $100,000 Regret Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 15.
On a busy Saturday for Breeders' Cup drills Oct. 27, horses worked at Santa Anita Park, Belmont Park, and several tracks in between.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Always Kitten, winner of the Happy Ticket Stakes at a mile at Louisiana Downs in her most recent start, headlines a field of 13 entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Australia's Rules Banning AI Upheld by Court
- Finding a Home, Filling a Need
- Rampart Winner Gamay Noir Heads Sixty Sails
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations