Owner and breeder Oscar Novo has moved stakes winner Sir Oscar to Marty Wolfson's barn. The colt is still on target for the Florida Derby (gr. I).
Undefeated 3-year-old Sir Oscar worked seven furlongs in 1:28 3/5 for trainer Manny Azpuria Friday morning at Gulfstream Park.
In a battle of unbeaten 2-year-old colts, Sir Oscar edged heavily-favored Wynn Dot Comma by a length in Saturdya's $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder.
Sir Oscar, ridden by Julio Garcia, took the lead on the far turn and held off a late run by Tap Dancer to win the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes by 2 ¼ lengths.
Undefeated Sir Oscar turned in his fourth impressive career performance Saturday at Calder Race Course in winning the $125,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes.
Trainer Manuel Azpurua sent out his fifth Criterium Stakes winner in Oscar Novo's homebred colt Sir Oscar Saturday at Calder. The 2-year-old colt now sports a perfect two-for-two record, following his smashing 8 ¾ lengths maiden debut here on May 26.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby