Owner and breeder Oscar Novo has moved stakes winner Sir Oscar to Marty Wolfson's barn. The colt is still on target for the Florida Derby (gr. I).
Undefeated 3-year-old Sir Oscar worked seven furlongs in 1:28 3/5 for trainer Manny Azpuria Friday morning at Gulfstream Park.
In a battle of unbeaten 2-year-old colts, Sir Oscar edged heavily-favored Wynn Dot Comma by a length in Saturdya's $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder.
Sir Oscar, ridden by Julio Garcia, took the lead on the far turn and held off a late run by Tap Dancer to win the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes by 2 ¼ lengths.
Undefeated Sir Oscar turned in his fourth impressive career performance Saturday at Calder Race Course in winning the $125,000 Affirmed Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes.
Trainer Manuel Azpurua sent out his fifth Criterium Stakes winner in Oscar Novo's homebred colt Sir Oscar Saturday at Calder. The 2-year-old colt now sports a perfect two-for-two record, following his smashing 8 ¾ lengths maiden debut here on May 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points