The first race at Canterbury Park July 13 was a tour de force for Late Edition.
Stakes winners Decarchy and Shore Breeze were represented by their first winners, both of which won at first asking.
Grade II stakes-placed Late Edition was represented by his first winner when his daughter, Transforming Kiss, won May 26 at Canterbury Downs.
Hero's Pleasure, a graded stakes-winning son of Sea Hero, will enter stud at Rick and Joyce Osborne's Osborne Farm near Cambridge, Minn.
The proposal from Dubai World Cup committee member Michael Osborne that the highlight of the meeting should be on turf racing and not a dirt race is unlikely to receive much support from his colleagues.
Michael Osborne, the man who helped organize the inaugural Dubai World Cup 10 years ago, has suggested that the Sheema Classic (UAE-I), a grass race on the card, should be made the highlight of the world's richest race meeting, instead of the World Cup (UAE-I) on dirt that has attracted American runners Roses In May, Congrats, Lundy's Liability, and Choctaw Nation at Nad Al Sheba racecourse Saturday.
Dr. Michael Osborne, has assumed the position of chairman of World Racing Championships Ltd.
Monday's first day of Tattersalls' October Yearling Sale (Part 2) included three lots that sold for six-figure sums.
Darley stallion In the Wings, who won the 1990 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. I) and was a champion in France, was diagnosed with laminitis the past weekend and has been relieved temporarily from stallion duty.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement