It was a long way from Louisville, Ky., but Vinery enjoyed a big day out on South Australian Derby day at Adelaide's Morphettville May 7.
Vinery Australia announced its stud fees for 2005, a signal that despite recently selling its broodmares, it is not pulling out of the Australian market.
In a stunning multi-million dollar development overnight, Australia's most progressive stud farm, Arrowfield, has entered into an agreement with a silent partner to purchase all of Vinery Stud's Australian weanlings.
Dr. Tom Simon, the German-born, Spain-based lawyer who bounced into Australia and the United States four years ago with the purchase of Vinery in Kentucky and Australia, has decided it's time to expand the operation into Florida and is selling his entire broodmare band in Australia.
Tom Simon was present to see the southern chapter of his Vinery operation record its first group I success when the aptly named Bollinger led almost wire-to-wire to secure a clear-cut victory in the Coolmore Stakes (Aust-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return