Overlooked at 10-1, Society Rock benefited from a savvy ride by Kieren Fallon to capture the $349,000 Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8.
Australian sprint star Ortensia notched the third group I victory of her career as she ran down Spirit Quartz in the shadow of the wire to win the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at York Racecourse Aug. 24.
Hong Kong raider Little Bridge hit the front a furlong from the wire and easily held off the late charge of Bated Breath to win the $542,500 King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by three-quarters of a length at Royal Ascot June 19.
Twenty-three of the top sprinters in Europe are set to line up in the $542,500 King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I), a five-furlong turf dash that is the second of three group I races on the opening day at Royal Ascot.
Ortensia, bred and based in Australia, rallied from last and gobbled up the field from the outside to score the $1 million Al Quoz Sprint Sponsored by Emirates NBD (UAE-I) March 31 at Meydan Racecourse.
Dick Powell gives his selections for the Dubai World Cup program March 31 at Meydan Racecourse, including the Sheema Classic, Duty Free, Golden Shaheen, Al Quoz Sprint, and of course, the $10 million main event.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot