Crossed Sabres Farm's Valid, a major pace factor in his previous three starts in stakes, finally broke through with a victory in the $211,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds and up at Monmouth Park July 27.
Donegal Racing's Irish You Well took the lead at the top of the stretch to capture the $105,000 Long Branch Stakes at Monmouth Park July 5, punching his ticket to the Haskell Invitational (gr. I) in three weeks.
Cross Sabres Farm's son of Medaglia d'Oro has not been out of the money so far this year in five starts.
Crossed Sabres Farm's Lochte charged up the rail and pulled off a huge shock in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 9, scoring a 2 3/4-length win at 39-1 odds as the longest shot in the field.
Ducduc, launching his bid from well behind on the final turn, caught runaway leader Csaba at the wire to pull out a dead heat in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 24 at Calder Casino and Race Course.
Joseph Witek's homebred Joes Blazing Aaron, who wired a field of $50,000 claimers on Feb. 17, led from gate-to-wire once again when scoring the $100,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths March 12 at Gulfstream.
A Commonwealth Court judge has affirmed an order by the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission that upholds the ejection of jockey Orlando Bocachica from the grounds of Philadelphia Park after he admitted to using a battery on numerous occasions during morning training hours, but not during an actual race.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga