Portland Meadows will begin hosting live racing on Tuesdays for the remainder of the 2014-15 meeting, the track reported Nov. 9, and will abandon previously scheduled Wednesday programs.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, which represents owners and trainers at Arlington Park and Hawthorne Race Course, and the Oregon Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, comprised of horsemen competing at Portland Meadows, have voted to join the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group.
Portland Meadows has announced cuts in the 2005 stakes schedule totaling $51,500.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., and Tampa Bay Downs in Oldsmar, Fla., will be rejoining the NTRA effective January 1, 2003. In addition, the NTRA announced that the Oregon HBPA will also join the organization effective January 1, 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta