Portland Meadows will begin hosting live racing on Tuesdays for the remainder of the 2014-15 meeting, the track reported Nov. 9, and will abandon previously scheduled Wednesday programs.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, which represents owners and trainers at Arlington Park and Hawthorne Race Course, and the Oregon Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, comprised of horsemen competing at Portland Meadows, have voted to join the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group.
Portland Meadows has announced cuts in the 2005 stakes schedule totaling $51,500.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., and Tampa Bay Downs in Oldsmar, Fla., will be rejoining the NTRA effective January 1, 2003. In addition, the NTRA announced that the Oregon HBPA will also join the organization effective January 1, 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer