Portland Meadows will begin hosting live racing on Tuesdays for the remainder of the 2014-15 meeting, the track reported Nov. 9, and will abandon previously scheduled Wednesday programs.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, which represents owners and trainers at Arlington Park and Hawthorne Race Course, and the Oregon Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, comprised of horsemen competing at Portland Meadows, have voted to join the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group.
Portland Meadows has announced cuts in the 2005 stakes schedule totaling $51,500.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., and Tampa Bay Downs in Oldsmar, Fla., will be rejoining the NTRA effective January 1, 2003. In addition, the NTRA announced that the Oregon HBPA will also join the organization effective January 1, 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested