Portland Meadows will begin hosting live racing on Tuesdays for the remainder of the 2014-15 meeting, the track reported Nov. 9, and will abandon previously scheduled Wednesday programs.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, which represents owners and trainers at Arlington Park and Hawthorne Race Course, and the Oregon Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, comprised of horsemen competing at Portland Meadows, have voted to join the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group.
Portland Meadows has announced cuts in the 2005 stakes schedule totaling $51,500.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., and Tampa Bay Downs in Oldsmar, Fla., will be rejoining the NTRA effective January 1, 2003. In addition, the NTRA announced that the Oregon HBPA will also join the organization effective January 1, 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby