Portland Meadows will begin hosting live racing on Tuesdays for the remainder of the 2014-15 meeting, the track reported Nov. 9, and will abandon previously scheduled Wednesday programs.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, which represents owners and trainers at Arlington Park and Hawthorne Race Course, and the Oregon Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, comprised of horsemen competing at Portland Meadows, have voted to join the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group.
Portland Meadows has announced cuts in the 2005 stakes schedule totaling $51,500.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., and Tampa Bay Downs in Oldsmar, Fla., will be rejoining the NTRA effective January 1, 2003. In addition, the NTRA announced that the Oregon HBPA will also join the organization effective January 1, 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters