Sagamore Racing's Millionreasonswhy died Sunday morning after a training accident at Sagamore Farm near Glyndon, Md.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
Kinsella, who sold for a sale-topping $2.2 million at the 2007 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale, was euthanized Jan. 25 after breaking down following a workout over Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface.
Kinsella, the 2007 Saratoga sale topper whose price was more than double the second-highest-priced yearling, won March 14 at Gulfstream Park in his first start.
First-crop sire Strong Hope, a grade II winner, was represented by English winner Art Preview June 23.
Simon Pure, a grade II stakes-placed son of Silver Deputy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23