Larry Bortstein worked for more than 40 years as a sportswriter. For the past 17 years, he worked for the Orange County Register.
The number of race horses that failed drug tests in California has nearly doubled since 2000, and the offenses rarely result in disqualification or other stiff penalties, the Orange County Register reported in its Dec. 10 edition.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day