Los Alamitos Race Course officials were planning to meet Feb. 1 with the city of Cypress, Calif., to begin discussing expansion of the Orange County facility to accommodate Thoroughbred racing and training.
The principal parties involved in a legal dispute over star runner Great Hunter have agreed on terms that could prevent controversy over the colt's scheduled start in the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), an attorney involved in the matter said.
Churchill Downs Inc., which owns Hollywood Park in Inglewood Calif., is considering building a new racetrack in the Golden State at an abandoned Marine Corps air base about 45 miles south of Hollywood in Irvine.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer