Taletobetold, a 27-1 risk ridden by Brian Hernandez Jr., fought off a swarm of challengers in upper stretch and then held off a late charge by Simply Divine to win Saturday's $114,700 Open Mind Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on turf by one length at Churchill Downs.
Flying Circle, ridden by Eddie Castro, rallied through the stretch and seized command in the final eighth to post a 2 ¼-length victory over pacesetting Angel Trumpet in Saturday's $111,000 Open Mind Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the grass at Churchill Downs.
Anna Em, ridden by Larry Melancon, jumped out to a quick lead and drew off for an impressive 6 1/2-length victory over stablemate Movant in the first running of the $112,300 Open Mind for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Saturday's inaugural running of the $100,000-added Open Mind Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs will be the first try on the grass and in stakes company for M-2 Stable LLC's Prospective Saint.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- Songbird Fleet in First Work Back