Taletobetold, a 27-1 risk ridden by Brian Hernandez Jr., fought off a swarm of challengers in upper stretch and then held off a late charge by Simply Divine to win Saturday's $114,700 Open Mind Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on turf by one length at Churchill Downs.
Flying Circle, ridden by Eddie Castro, rallied through the stretch and seized command in the final eighth to post a 2 ¼-length victory over pacesetting Angel Trumpet in Saturday's $111,000 Open Mind Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the grass at Churchill Downs.
Anna Em, ridden by Larry Melancon, jumped out to a quick lead and drew off for an impressive 6 1/2-length victory over stablemate Movant in the first running of the $112,300 Open Mind for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Saturday's inaugural running of the $100,000-added Open Mind Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs will be the first try on the grass and in stakes company for M-2 Stable LLC's Prospective Saint.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Geeky Gorgeous Named New Jersey Horse of Year
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days