Canadian Derby (Can-III) winner Footprint puts his three-race winning streak on the line against a field that looks significantly tougher in the $200,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Park Sept. 23.
Favored Footprint battled the 11-1 outsider Gandolf all the way before prevailing in the final stages under Real Simard to win the CAN$300,000 Canadian Derby (gr. III)at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 25.
Joan Petrowski seeks to become the fourth female trainer in the 78-year history of the Canadian Derby (Can-III) to win the event when she saddles the morning line favorite Footprint Aug. 25 at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points