Canadian Derby (Can-III) winner Footprint puts his three-race winning streak on the line against a field that looks significantly tougher in the $200,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Park Sept. 23.
Favored Footprint battled the 11-1 outsider Gandolf all the way before prevailing in the final stages under Real Simard to win the CAN$300,000 Canadian Derby (gr. III)at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 25.
Joan Petrowski seeks to become the fourth female trainer in the 78-year history of the Canadian Derby (Can-III) to win the event when she saddles the morning line favorite Footprint Aug. 25 at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes