Canadian Derby (Can-III) winner Footprint puts his three-race winning streak on the line against a field that looks significantly tougher in the $200,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Park Sept. 23.
Favored Footprint battled the 11-1 outsider Gandolf all the way before prevailing in the final stages under Real Simard to win the CAN$300,000 Canadian Derby (gr. III)at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 25.
Joan Petrowski seeks to become the fourth female trainer in the 78-year history of the Canadian Derby (Can-III) to win the event when she saddles the morning line favorite Footprint Aug. 25 at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing