Woodbine will make a change to its primary Thoroughbred racing surface, but it will remain synthetic. Officials said a Tapeta surface will replace the Polytrack surface for the 2016 Thoroughbred meet.
Fort Erie Race Track in Ontario, Canada, will offer a live meet this year, with details to be released at a later date.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
Fort Erie Race Track & Slots in Ontario, Canada, will offer live Thoroughbred racing this year, and the local horsemen's group is asking for support from owners and trainers.
Fort Erie in Ontario will construct a new one-mile main track at the conclusion of this year's live meet Sept. 6.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association (HBPA) signed off on a new five-year contract that guarantees the province 167 live Thoroughbred dates each year through 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale