Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association June 7 said they have signed a contract that guarantees 133 days of live racing at Woodbine through 2018.
Woodbine will make a change to its primary Thoroughbred racing surface, but it will remain synthetic. Officials said a Tapeta surface will replace the Polytrack surface for the 2016 Thoroughbred meet.
Fort Erie Race Track in Ontario, Canada, will offer a live meet this year, with details to be released at a later date.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario have entered into an agreement ensuring 167 dates of Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine each year for the next five years.
- By Tom LaMarra
Fort Erie Race Track & Slots in Ontario, Canada, will offer live Thoroughbred racing this year, and the local horsemen's group is asking for support from owners and trainers.
Fort Erie in Ontario will construct a new one-mile main track at the conclusion of this year's live meet Sept. 6.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association (HBPA) signed off on a new five-year contract that guarantees the province 167 live Thoroughbred dates each year through 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus