Last into the stretch, Cactus Kris unleashed a thrilling burst of speed and swept past eight rivals in Ontario Fashion (gr. III) before nailing front-runner Endless Light in the final stride to win Oct. 18 at Woodbine.
Atlantic Hurricane won last year's Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on her way to a Sovereign Award as Canada's best female sprinter. She's back for another try.
Defending Ontario Fashion Stakes champion Winter Garden held on to her title with a display of speed and moxie at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga