Last into the stretch, Cactus Kris unleashed a thrilling burst of speed and swept past eight rivals in Ontario Fashion (gr. III) before nailing front-runner Endless Light in the final stride to win Oct. 18 at Woodbine.
Atlantic Hurricane won last year's Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on her way to a Sovereign Award as Canada's best female sprinter. She's back for another try.
Defending Ontario Fashion Stakes champion Winter Garden held on to her title with a display of speed and moxie at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Barretts March Sale Catalogs 129 Horses
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout