Last into the stretch, Cactus Kris unleashed a thrilling burst of speed and swept past eight rivals in Ontario Fashion (gr. III) before nailing front-runner Endless Light in the final stride to win Oct. 18 at Woodbine.
Atlantic Hurricane won last year's Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on her way to a Sovereign Award as Canada's best female sprinter. She's back for another try.
Defending Ontario Fashion Stakes champion Winter Garden held on to her title with a display of speed and moxie at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent