Back home at rainy Woodbine, Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds found his missing explosive kick to win the $220,229 Nijinsky Stakes (gr. IIT) going away July 19 on the turf.
Yvonne Schwabe's Surtsey, sent to post as the longest shot on the board at 41-1, scored an upset win in the $144,256 Ontario Damsel Stakes July 14 at Woodbine.
Front-running Barracks Road held off an all-out drive by 2-5 favorite Somme to win the $145,110 Ontario Damsel Stakes on the Woodbine turf course July 10.
Shoestring Stable's Dressed For Action, who had managed only two second-place finishes in her four career stakes starts, put it all together Sunday afternoon at Woodbine, gamely capturing the $166,500 Ontario Damsel Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board