Jeffrey Nielson's Island Fashion, winner of the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 16, will head the field for Saturday's running of the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park.
Einar P. Robsham's Feline Story turned on the afterburners in the stretch and drew off to win Saturday's $100,000 Sorority Stakes (gr. III) by nearly six lengths at Monmouth Park.
Trainer Frank Generazio Jr. has high hopes for the 3-year-old colt Don Six, who carries the family colors in Friday's $100,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at six furlongs at Monmouth Park.
David Reynolds' homebred Mt. Carson earned his first stakes win of the year in the $100,000 Hirsch Jacobs Stakes for 3-year-olds at Pimlico Saturday.
Buddy Gil and jockey Gary Stevens took advantage of a red-hot pace to win Sunday's $114,550 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Santa Anita downhill turf course.
Bob Baffert, Santa Anita's leading trainer the last six meets, seeks his second consecutive victory in the $100,000 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) on Sunday with Echeverria.
Only The Best popped out of the gate and improved his position in Saturday's $96,600 Sunny Slope Stakes at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, rolling to a two-length victory under Patrick Valenzuela.
Juveniles take center stage at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Santa Anita Hosts Handicapping Event Oct. 4-5
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala