John and Debby Oxley and the Retired Racehorse Training Project will be honored at Thoroughbred Charities of America's 24th Annual Select Stallion Season Auction on Jan. 4, 2014, at the Keeneland Entertainment Center.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society-Ontario Division has cataloged 97 offerings for its inaugural online winter mixed sale that began Nov. 25 and continues to Dec. 9.
With its marathon September yearling sale around the corner, Keeneland Association has announced changes in its Internet auction system.
Interim executive director Tom Biederman is stepping down from the helm of Equine Spectrum to resume his real estate and Thoroughbred brokerage business, along with contract auction work for Fasig-Tipton Co.
Keeneland has signed a letter of intent to purchase a 25 percent interest in the online auction company Equine Spectrum. An additional 25 percent interest in the company is scheduled to be available to other investors in the Thoroughbred industry. Keeneland's board of directors will vote on the move at its April meeting.
Equine Spectrum plans to conduct a "mock auction" on Dec. 1 to give buyers, sellers, and agents an opportunity to test the online system in a simulated environment, according to Tom Biederman, Equine Spectrum executive director.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk