Horse Assisted Therapy Services of North Louisiana is conducting an online auction of 2014 seasons to stallions standing in Kentucky and Louisiana from Feb. 14-17.
John and Debby Oxley and the Retired Racehorse Training Project will be honored at Thoroughbred Charities of America's 24th Annual Select Stallion Season Auction on Jan. 4, 2014, at the Keeneland Entertainment Center.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society-Ontario Division has cataloged 97 offerings for its inaugural online winter mixed sale that began Nov. 25 and continues to Dec. 9.
With its marathon September yearling sale around the corner, Keeneland Association has announced changes in its Internet auction system.
Interim executive director Tom Biederman is stepping down from the helm of Equine Spectrum to resume his real estate and Thoroughbred brokerage business, along with contract auction work for Fasig-Tipton Co.
Keeneland has signed a letter of intent to purchase a 25 percent interest in the online auction company Equine Spectrum. An additional 25 percent interest in the company is scheduled to be available to other investors in the Thoroughbred industry. Keeneland's board of directors will vote on the move at its April meeting.
Equine Spectrum plans to conduct a "mock auction" on Dec. 1 to give buyers, sellers, and agents an opportunity to test the online system in a simulated environment, according to Tom Biederman, Equine Spectrum executive director.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16