Cherokee Run, a champion sprinter who went on to become a successful stallion, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley near Lexington because of fertility problems and lameness issues.
George Onett, breeder of champions Cherokee Run and Par Excellance, died Nov. 7 at his Ocala, Fla., home of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego