Cherokee Run, a champion sprinter who went on to become a successful stallion, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley near Lexington because of fertility problems and lameness issues.
George Onett, breeder of champions Cherokee Run and Par Excellance, died Nov. 7 at his Ocala, Fla., home of an apparent heart attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic