Favorite Too Much Bling turned in a dazzling nine-length victory in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) on a sloppy, sealed Aqueduct track Saturday, establishing himself as the leading 3-year-old sprinter in the country.
Trainers Bob Baffert and Tom Albertrani, who have major contenders, in the Wood Memorial Saturday at Aqueduct, will have a preliminary skirmish in the $150,000 Bay Shore for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs.
The $200,000 Gotham (gr. III), switched this year to a two-turn race on Aqueduct's inner track at 1 1/16 miles, has drawn a strong field of 11 Saturday, including top-notch 3-year-olds Achilles of Troy and Keyed Entry.
Strummer won his third straight race Monday, taking Aqueduct's Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature, the $70,135 Jimmy Winkfield for 3-year-olds at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby