Favorite Too Much Bling turned in a dazzling nine-length victory in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) on a sloppy, sealed Aqueduct track Saturday, establishing himself as the leading 3-year-old sprinter in the country.
Trainers Bob Baffert and Tom Albertrani, who have major contenders, in the Wood Memorial Saturday at Aqueduct, will have a preliminary skirmish in the $150,000 Bay Shore for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs.
The $200,000 Gotham (gr. III), switched this year to a two-turn race on Aqueduct's inner track at 1 1/16 miles, has drawn a strong field of 11 Saturday, including top-notch 3-year-olds Achilles of Troy and Keyed Entry.
Strummer won his third straight race Monday, taking Aqueduct's Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature, the $70,135 Jimmy Winkfield for 3-year-olds at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement