Favorite Too Much Bling turned in a dazzling nine-length victory in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) on a sloppy, sealed Aqueduct track Saturday, establishing himself as the leading 3-year-old sprinter in the country.
Trainers Bob Baffert and Tom Albertrani, who have major contenders, in the Wood Memorial Saturday at Aqueduct, will have a preliminary skirmish in the $150,000 Bay Shore for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs.
The $200,000 Gotham (gr. III), switched this year to a two-turn race on Aqueduct's inner track at 1 1/16 miles, has drawn a strong field of 11 Saturday, including top-notch 3-year-olds Achilles of Troy and Keyed Entry.
Strummer won his third straight race Monday, taking Aqueduct's Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature, the $70,135 Jimmy Winkfield for 3-year-olds at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity