It could be called the "last chance" Derby. The Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland has drawn a strong field of nine for its $325,000, 1 1/16 mile race.
The decision to scratch One Tuff Fox from the Illinois Derby (gr. II) was mandated by state racing rules and was in the best interest of the wagering public, chief state Steward Eddie Arroyo said Sunday
Though supplemented to the Arkansas Derby after being scratched from last Saturday's Illinois Derby, One Tuff Fox won't be making the trip to Oaklawn Park afterall.
Add two more names to the list of Triple Crown nominees. The connections of recent winners Puzzlement and One Tuff Box both paid the necessary $6,000 to make their horses eligible to the May 4 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), May 18 Preakness (gr. I), and June 8 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Headed by Repent and Changeintheweather, at least nine 3-year-olds are expected to be entered for Saturday's grade II, $500,000 Illinois Derby at Sportsman's Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes