Thunder Moccasin, the undefeated winner of this year's Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand in 2013 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Thunder Moccasin didn't command huge prices in the auction ring, but he always was physically impressive.
Starlight Racing's Thunder Moccasin followed up his impressive maiden win with an even more stirring performance, as he demolished a short field to take the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field