Thunder Moccasin, the undefeated winner of this year's Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand in 2013 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Thunder Moccasin didn't command huge prices in the auction ring, but he always was physically impressive.
Starlight Racing's Thunder Moccasin followed up his impressive maiden win with an even more stirring performance, as he demolished a short field to take the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends