Anita Cauley's homebred On Fire Baby, winner of the May 2 La Troienne Stakes (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, heads a field of six for the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Presented by Etihad Airways (gr. II) in Louisville June 14.
Graded stakes-placed four times previously in her career, Iotapa broke through with a front-running tally in the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park.
TimeformUS Weekend Plays from Santa Anita, Golden Gate and Oaklawn read blog
Multiple graded stakes winner Fiftyshadesofhay heads a field of seven older females entered for the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) on Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park, seeking her first win of 2014.
Spellbound made trainer Richard Mandella's quick cross-country trip worthwhile when she came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) by a neck at 16-1 odds Jan. 19 at Santa Anita Park.
Unable to overcome a poor break as the favorite in December's Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II), Fiftyshadesofhay is out to turn the tables on the runaway winner of that race, Broken Sword, in the La Canada Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 19.
There was no catching California-bred Doinghardtimeagain, who ran away with the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) as the odds-on choice in her graded stakes debut June 22 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Iotapa, runner-up to Beholder in the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) and coming off a win in the listed Railbird Stakes, is among the favorites for the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 22 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano earned the 3,000th North American victory of his career when 1-2 favorite Ondine rolled to an easy victory in the first race May 11 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet