Recovered from ulcers, Mensa Heat was on top of his game once again as he defeated a solid group of California-bred sprinters in the $84,500 On Trust Handicap, the closing day feature at Hollywood Park Dec. 18.
Mensa Heat, a four-time winner since being claimed April 15 by Ted H. West, is among seven set to go in the $80,000 On Trust Handicap on closing day of the fall meet Dec. 18 at Hollywood Park.
Grade I winner Greg's Gold seeks his fourth victory of the season, but the 6-year-old gelding will have to carry top weight and deal with red-hot Unusual Suspect, a winner in three of his last four starts, in the $100,000 On Trust Handicap Dec. 22 at Hollywood Park.
Jockey David Cohen put Proud Tower Too on the lead and hung on in the final strides for an upset victory in the $101,000 On Trust Handicap for California-bred sprinters on Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Jockey Gary Stevens made a successful return from a seven-week hiatus Saturday, guiding Excess Summer to a 3 1/2-length win in the 20th running of the $107,900 On Trust Handicap for California breds at Hollywood Park.
Harris Farms-bred Hot Market, ridden by Kent Desormeaux, registered a 3 1/2-length victory over Grey Memo in the $107,700 On Trust Handicap for California breds Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Grey Memo, winner of the On Trust Handicap in 2000, is the 120-pound highweight in a field of six older horses for Saturday's 7 1/2 furlong test for California breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24